Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah today lashed out at
the BCCI for not fielding all-rounder Parvez Rasool in any of the five
ODI games against Zimbabwe.
"Did you really have to take him all the way to Zimbabwe to
demoralise him? Wouldn't it have been cheaper to just do it at home?"
Omar said in a sarcastic tweet after Rasool was not included in the last
game against the minnows.
Disappointed at Rasool's non-inclusion in the playing XI of Indian
cricket team in the ongoing Zimbabwe tour, Omar yesterday urged the BCCI
to give him a chance to prove himself.
"Come on BCCI give the young man (Rasool) a chance to prove himself," Omar wrote on his twitter page yesterday.
The chief minister, an avid cricket follower, had expressed
disappointment that the Jammu and Kashmir cricketer has not been given a
game even though India has taken an unassailable lead in five-match the
ODI series.
"Really disappointed that Parvez Rasool hasn't been given a game in Zimbabwe," he said.
Rasool is the only member of the 15-member squad who has not seen any
action so far. Ajinkya Rahane was warming the bench alongside Rasool
but the opening batsman got his chance in today's game.
Rasool shot to fame with a brilliant all-round performance in the
Ranji Trophy last season by scoring 594 runs and grabbing 33 wickets.
His selection to national squad was fast-tracked after he took seven
wickets in one innings of a tour game against visiting Australians
earlier this year.
Source: http://tinyurl.com/lgxdg5y
Omar lashes out at BCCI for not fielding Rasool in ODI series
Written By Unknown on August 3, 2013 | 8/03/2013
Related Articles
- Yuvi and Zaheer Khan back to the Indian team
- India crush Oman 8-0 in Asia Cup hockey opener
- 'Main Houn Shahid Afridi' hits cinemas despite cricketer's objections
- Ferrari's Fernando Alonso lapped fastest and makes a comeback
- Yuvraj Singh determined to make comeback
- Sania Mirza reaches 25th doubles final of her career
Labels:
sports
Post a Comment