Home » » Lights, camera, acting again

Lights, camera, acting again

Written By Unknown on August 10, 2013 | 8/10/2013

Prabhu Deva says he always wanted to work with Thangar Bachan and Kalavadiya Pozhudhugal, set to hit the screens soon, has given him that opportunity

Prabhu Deva has had a makeover thrice in his over three decade-long career. After emerging as a terrific dancer, he reinvented himself as a bankable actor before morphing into a sought-after director. “I have never planned anything. If I did, I wouldn’t have done all this,” says the actor.
In the city to promote his long-awaited Kalavadiya Pozhudhugal, Prabhu says the film won’t be like any of his previous movies. “It portrays a man’s journey through life. The film’s strongpoint is it deals with real emotions. Gut-wrenching at times, it shows the opposition a man in love faces.”
The film won’t have his trademark dance moves and comedy. Then what was the need to play a subdued character at this point in his career? “I began working on this film three years ago, so it is not like I planned it. I wanted to work with Thangar Bachan who has made great films in the past and that was enough for me,” says Prabhu.
After the success of Any Body Can Dance (ABCD), which revolved around dance, one would expect Prabhu Deva to do similar films. “I am an entertainer. My recent films such as Wanted and Rowdy Rathore are colourful entertainers. I would like to continue in the same mould although love stories such as Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana appeal to me. Let’s see.”
Never one to let filmmaking and acting come in the way of dance, the exceptional choreographer is surprised by the level of skill displayed by people in general. “Even kids dance well. It is a healthy trend,” he smiles. What does he think of choreography in recent Tamil flicks? “Like anyone from the previous generation would say, it can improve a lot. But then, everyone has improved a lot.”
Does that mean we can see him play the lead again in the sequel to ABCD? “I am just an actor in the film. I think Remo and UTV have some plans for the sequel but I haven’t been approached officially. I would love to do the sequel. Next year, I am busy with Salman Khan’s film. We will see how it goes.”


Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Johny Template | Mas Template Copyright © 2013. Mr.Golmaal - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger