Home » » I'm priceless, but not unaffordable: Shah Rukh Khan

I'm priceless, but not unaffordable: Shah Rukh Khan

Written By Unknown on June 15, 2013 | 6/15/2013

Saturday, Jun 15, 2013, 8:35 IST | Agency: Zee News, DNA


Shah Rukh Khan, the Badshah of Bollywood, tells Zee News editor Sudhir Chaudhary that he is emotional about the journey he undertakes and not the money he earns.
When was the last time you travelled by train and which was your most memorable journey?
I don’t get a chance to travel by train often. The last time I think I travelled by train was when I did the popular song Chhaiya Chhaiya. One journey that I clearly remember was when I earned Rs50 for participating in a Pankaj Udhas show in Delhi. My two friends and I went to visit the Taj Mahal with the money I earned. Since we did not have enough money, we had roadside food, which eventually resulted in us having an upset stomach.

SRK is such an expensive star that only SRK as a producer can afford him. Please comment?

That’s not true. I choose a film only after going through the script. So, once a producer approaches me, we come to a conclusion that our focus should be to make a good film first. Once we earn the profit, we’ll share it. I am priceless, but not unaffordable.

How was your experience of working in Chennai Express?
It was a different experience which I’ve never undergone before. The film is about how the culture, language, tradition, etc, changes in our country with every passing kilometre. It’s about how the meaning and context of each word and sentence changes, and in turn, makes for funny situations for someone who is new to it.

The IPL has been embroiled in controversies. Being an owner of one of the teams, what do you think went wrong with the tournament?
Anything which grows too fast, including any actor, film or a brand, for example the IPL, comes under the microscope and scrutiny for all the good and bad things. The focus always tends to be more on the wrong things. Hopefully, things should get better in the future.

How do you feel when you look back at the time when you had Rs50. And today when you earn Rs50 crore?

I never think of money as I always got lots of it since I started my career. I’m not too emotional about money. But yes, I do get emotional about the journey I have travelled. I miss my parents and friends a lot in that journey. I miss them the most whenever my film is about to release. I wish I could show it to my parents, who I am sure would have been really proud and happy. Today, when I see my hoardings on the streets, when I get interviewed on television, when the head of the states confer me with awards... that is when I really miss my parents.
Source: http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/1848212/interview-i-m-priceless-but-not-unaffordable-shah-rukh-khan
Share this article :
 
Support : Johny Template | Mas Template Copyright © 2013. Mr.Golmaal - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger